Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring!!

It's finally here! I have been waiting all Winter long for it.

It was a very long winter here in the North East with heavy snows and damaging winds. Just last weekend it was a mess around here. Mother Nature was pretty ticked off. I just hope I didn't do it! However, this past week we were rewarded with warm, sunny weather just in time to usher in Spring.

What I love the most about Spring is color! I mean, I often get asked what my favorite color is to which I reply, "I'm an artist...I love all of them!" It really is true. I couldn't pick a favorite if my life depended on it. However, I will say that the time of year effects the color palette to which I am most drawn. Right now I am attracted to bright, effervescent hews.

I think I am most motivated this time of year. The sun is brighter, it gets dark later...even the smells of spring can get me pumped up. I still, however, just hate getting up in the morning! Once a night owl, always a night owl? LOL

So, right now I am in the process of participating in a kind of round robin with some of the other designers from CHA. For those of you who do not know what that is, CHA stands for the Craft and Hobby Association. I am really proud to be a part of the Designer Member Section there. Never will you find such a supportive group of professionals. AH... but I digress. (you will find that I do that a lot!)

I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my canvas. So I think what I will do is explain all of that in my next post...I'll be sure to include pictures so that you can see the process.

Be back soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...