Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh, No Snow Will Stop Me!


Whew!  In spite of the weather...and with a little help from above....I was able to get out of New York on Wednesday morning.  I'm grateful because the word at home is they are getting another foot of snow.  OUCH!!  Sigh...at least I won't have to shovel it.  Is that bad?

The flight was actually very pleasant.  Surprisingly it wasn't full, so I was able to move my seat and have no one next to me.  We even landed about 40 minutes early.  How cool is that??  

I immediately felt the sense of calm the minute the wheels of the plane left the ground.  Now it is just a steady hum of excitement, which was heightened the minute the HOLLYWOOD sign came into view!  It is absolutely gorgeous here....it was 75 and sunny today.  Who would want to be inside?  So after I unpacked, I took a walk over to the convention center to check in and took a walk around to see what's here.  Here are some pictures I took along the way.  

This is the view up S. Figueroa Street.  My hotel is up on the left. 
My hotel is right around the corner from the Staples Center. 
 The Staples Center has display windows with all these vintage games.  Anyone who knows me well, knows I have a thing for vintage.  It is so awesome to see...



I am also right around the corner from LA Live.  Lots of cool restaurants and shops.
The Los Angeles Convention Center is right on S. Figueroa just a couple of blocks up from my hotel.  The convention center is HUGE!

This is the other side of the Staples Center.  From this view, the Convention Center is to the left  and behind it.

I just can't ever get enough palm tree pics.  LOL

The outside of the South Hall of the LA Convention Center.  What a nice welcome!!

The main entrance hall inside the Convention Center.

Yes.....Thank You to our show sponsors!  

The main lobby of the Convention Center...the calm before the storm!

How cool is this?  Right outside the main convention hall is this sign for the Designer Showcase!  I'm really excited about showcasing this year.

Here is the signage to the lower convention hall.  I had heard that the show was going to be huge this winter...and it sure seems it.  We are spread across two separate halls!

I had dinner outside at Wolfgang Puck's.  Delish!!
That's it for now!  I'm going to go count some sheep.  It's 1 am here, which means I've been up for 24 hours!  LOL

Artfully yours,
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to LA! Can't wait to meet you in person. I'll be at the Designer Roundtables tomorrow-otherwise I'll see you Saturday AM. Enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...