Sunday, January 30, 2011

CHA....The Show Floor Opens

Hey all!

I got an extra early start this morning...beginning with a Keynote address at 8:30am given by Nick Bilton, the lead technology writer at the New York Times.  The address was all about how Social Media will impact retail in the future.  It was a very interesting and informative speech.  

The floor officially opened at 10am and I went right to work.  My day began at the Elmer's booth with Ana & Megan Araujo of When Creativity Knocks.  Not only did Elmer's donate all the product for the project and for a great raffle, but they are taking care of getting all the cards to our troops.  This was my first opportunity to work up close with the Elmer's staff...what a lovely group of people.

Before we got started, Ana and Megan taped an episode that features how to make the cards.  They are a riot, those two...lemme tell ya!  



When I finished up at Elmers, it was time to head off to ScraPerfect for my demo.  You can see my project on the right  of me there...


This was the project I made for the Completing the Puzzle Event.  I really enjoyed working with all the participating manufacturer's products.


Then it was time to head to the Craftwell booth to meet back up with the crew of When Creativity Knocks.  The theme was The Big Top and we made these adorable, but giant "circus pops".  There's Laura Bray, instructing a retailer with her project.  We had a really busy hour.


Here I am with Ana.  She is one of the most creative women I know.  If I ever need someone to brainstorm with...she's my girl!


After I was done there, it was time to walk the show floor and check in on some of my favorite manufacturers.  I even got to see some of my colleagues in action!

Here's Sue Kelsey at Makin's Clay!
And I found Rebekah Meier at Simplicity.
You know who else I found at Simplicity signing copies of his new patterns for everyone?  Yep....my buddy Suede!  We now know the new hair color.......


I like the blue on him!  I did get scolded for not coordinating my hair color with his so we could match again like last show.  He had actual samples of his new line at the booth...and as always....was very gracious signing patterns and answering everyone's questions.  He's a real living doll!

More pictures from the show floor will post in the morning....and I'm sure that there will be more to tell tomorrow.  The Designer Showcase is tomorrow.  I'm both nervous and excited.  Wish me luck!

Artfully yours,
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...