Friday, February 11, 2011

My Monday at CHA

Hello crafty ones!

Just when you thought it was all over....there's more!  There is just way too much to share!  

Monday began with more time spent doing make and takes with When Creativity Knocks!  I even guest appeared on one episode with Ana.  That was a nice surprise!  I'm always amazed at what Ana Araujo creates with foam board.  Sometimes I wish I could spend a couple of hours in her head so that I can wrap my head around it!!  Just amazingly incredible!  All the videos of these awesome cards will be up on the WCK website soon.  



At the show, Ana and Megan interviewed some of CHA's top crafters.  The segments are titled Great Crafter's Viewpoints and you can see segments from some of the industry greats like Brenda Pinnick, Suede, Mark Montano and Drew Emborsky, "The Crochet Dude"...just to name a few.  Plus, Laura Bray taped at fantastic segment called Valentine Votives at Art Glitter.  You don't want to miss that!!

Ana Araujo and Cindi Bisson...two of my favorite designers whom I am proud to call friends!


This smiley fella is Scott Pfeiffer, the Producer of When Creativity Knocks.  He is always behind the cameras and I think he needed to get his props!!  Thank you, Scott!

Next, it was time to stop at Charity Wings, formerly known as Scrapbook Royalty...where I got to speak a little bit with, always gracious, Elena Etcheverry.  They are a very generous organization.  They had the warmest, most inviting booth with all this great, new signage.  Just beautiful.  Plus, they were streaming live during the entire show.







After my visit and short walk of the show floor, it was time to head down to Craft Studio for my demo.  Here is the display case of projects from all the designers who contributed to this event.


Designers were asked to choose between four different material:  yarn, paper, wire and canvas.  We were challenged to do something innovative with those materials.  We were allowed to incorporate other medium into our projects but the focus had to be on the material we chose.  I chose yarn.  Since I don't crochet or knit, I thought it would be challenging and fun.  It really was too!  Once I figured out what I was going to do with cream colored, acrylic yarn!  I used yarn, ribbon, Sizzix die cuts and Ranger's Color Wash to create my piece.  I thought it was pretty innovative!


That's it for today.  There's more to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...