Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tips, Tools and Techniques Tuesday!


Happy Tuesday to you all!  This weeks post is going to be short and sweet.  It's the holidays and who has the time to read my long banter!?  :)

This week's tip is very simple...it's about scissors!  I don't care if they are your everyday average scissors, pinking shears or rotary cutters...those things are expensive.  As with all crafting supplies, to get the most bang for your buck, you have to take care of them properly.


 If you are like me, you have about a hundred pairs of scissors.  Also, if you are like me, there is nothing more frustrating than a dull pair of scissors!  I remember when I was a little girl, there was a man that came around in a truck (just like the ice cream man!) and would sharpen scissors and knives for the locals.  Sadly, that doesn't exist anymore.  :(  I can't say I'm surprised in this day and age...I mean, who wants people coming out them with sharp objects!!

A few years back I received this piece of advice.  I'd like to pass it on to you.  It won't sharpen your tools, but it will help you get the most life out of them.  The advice is simple....DESIGNATE YOUR SCISSORS!  Simply put, scissors for paper should be used for paper only, metal for metal...fabric for fabric, etc.!  Don't interchange them.  Paper dulls scissors and if you try to use those scissors on fabric after a while, you'll find that they just don't cut crisply anymore.  OH...before I forget....please, please...if you designate only one pair of scissors, make sure you designate one pair for cutting things that are sticky like foam tape.  It doesn't matter how much Goo Gone I use on a pair of scissors that I was cutting sticky stuff with, they are just never the same.

I just want to remind everyone that this Thursday is going to be the LAST week of Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop.  It just went so fast.  So, don't miss it this week.  It will be a very special day.

Artfully yours,
Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...