Monday, October 25, 2010

Ahem...may I have your attention please?


Now for those of you who don't know me personally, I am...if I may borrow from Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman...a "fly by the seat of your pants kinda gal". It really is with every fiber of my being that I resist a schedule of any kind. I must say, however, that there are times when I have found it beneficial to have some kind of structure. For example, the open house I just recently hosted....I had a very strict time table for that and as a result I wasn't up til all hours of the wee morning trying to get last minute things done. I would go so far as to say that it was even ... relaxing!

It may surprise you to know that I don't find blogging easy. It is always most difficult to get started. So, on the advice of Diane Gilleland of Crafty Pod, I have done some things to help me organize. I've made a list of topics, but now I am going to take that even a bit further. In the effort to be more consistent I have decided to do two special segments a week that I hope will be of value to you all. Of course this doesn't mean that I won't be blogging about other things. There is always something to show and share. AND let us not forget that beginning Thursday, November 4th is Sizzix's TriplePlay Blog Hop! That will be going on for seven glorious weeks.

Now to the nitty gritty...

Here is the first segment indicator above. Don't get too attached to that pic up there...I'm already not loving it which means.....there will be a new one coming. For now, though, you get the idea. On Tuesdays, I will share with you some sort of crafting tip, technique or a useful tool. I like tools! Anyway...my hope is to offer something that will make your crafting experiences easier or more exciting.

Then...


On Fridays....I'll be selfish and share my favorite things with you. Whether old or new, I always have favorite things that I use in my artwork.

I really do hope to get dialogue going with everyone. People...this is not all about me! At least not today. I'd love for you to share your tips and favorites as well. I'm really interested to know what's out there that I haven't found yet.

Just as an aside...please keep in mind that if you comment on my blog from Creating the Hive, those comments do not show up here on blogger. However, I will be checking both places so that I don't miss an opportunity to chat!

Artfully yours,
Theresa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...